The one thing I regret is that I will never have time to read all the books I want to read.
--Francoise Sagan

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano

Ahhhhhhhhhh...I can't put this one down!

It's about Alice and Mattia...Both suffered traumas when they were very young...and neither have healed. Mattia copes with the lingering pain by cutting himself; Alice is anorexic. The two meet in high school, and they are instantly drawn to each other...Giordano says (and I'm paraphrasing here) Mattia rejected the world, and Alice felt rejected by it...and they formed a defective and asymmetrical friendship...a clean and empty space where both could come back to breathe when the walls of their school became too close...

I can't wait to see where their relationship goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment